AT A GLANCE:
THE GLOBAL STRATEGY FOR WOMEN’S, CHILDREN’S AND ADOLESCENTS’ HEALTH (2016-2030)
By 2030, a world in which every woman, child and adolescent in every setting realizes their
rights to physical and mental health and well-being, has social and economic opportunities,
and is able to participate fully in shaping prosperous and sustainable societies.
OBJECTIVES AND TARGETS aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
HIGH RETURN ON INVESTMENTS
- An end to preventable maternal, newborn, child and adolescent deaths and stillbirths
- At least a 10-fold return on investments through better educational attainments, workforce participation and social contributions
- At least US$100 billion in demographic dividends from investments in early childhood and adolescent health and development
- A “grand convergence” in health, giving all women, children and adolescents an equal chance to survive and thrive
- Human rights-based
- Aligned with development effectiveness and humanitarian norms
Country-led implementation supported by the Every Woman Every Child movement and an Operational Framework. The power of partnership harnessed through stakeholder commitments and collective action. We all have a role to play.